Refinery, Sugar and Other Steam and Power Plants
Sheppard T. Powell Associates, LLC (STPA) has provided consulting services to a variety of steam and power plants. Following is a list of industries or facilities STPA has served.
- Buildings or Campus Systems (Academies, Airports, Building Complexes, Hospitals, Universities, etc.)
- Chemical Processing Plants
- District Heating Plants
- Saw Mills
- Steel Mills
- Sugar Mills
The following list is a sampling of the types of projects and services some of our current consulting staff have experience providing for industrial steam or steam and power plants.
- Boiler water treatment reviews or program evaluations.
- Steam purity monitoring and control. STPA has been involved in normal chemistry monitoring, upgrading monitoring systems, and boiler water carryover investigations.
- Steam/water cycle chemistry, deposition and corrosion. STPA has been involved in audits of chemistry sampling, online monitoring systems, laboratory testing, chemistry programs, chemistry limit compliance, troubleshooting, and training.
- Waterside inspections of steam generation equipment and deaerators as part of an assessment of the success of the water treatment program in controlling corrosion and deposition.
- Chemical feed systems and feedwater and boiler water treatment.
- Makeup water treatment selection, evaluation, troubleshooting and training.
- Condensate filtration, polishing, and contaminant detection and control.
- Tube sample selection, deposit weight and composition analyses, determining the need to clean, failure analyses and other metallurgical evaluations.
- Investigations of boiler tube failures, boiler tube deposits, deaerator corrosion, superheater tube failures, and turbine deposition and corrosion.
- Chemical cleanings planning, specification development, and consulting assistance during chemical cleanings
- Layup of boilers.
- Cooling tower water, secondary water systems, hot water systems, and high-temperature hot water heating systems treatment and corrosion control evaluation.